Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Using an "I Message" to Solve Problems

Dear Parents,

We are teaching our students how to be proactive in their own problem solving skills. When students are having problems with other students, we encourage them to use an I Message to try to solve the problem on their own.

For example:
"I don't like it when you throw wood chips at me. Can you please stop."

We also teach them that if their I Message doesn't stop the problem or if the problem is serious such as fighting, bullying or someone is in danger that they should come quickly to a teacher or adult for help.

Please encourage your child to solve their problems by communicating in a positive manner. Using an I Message is a great life skill that we would love for them to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment